Pages

Labels

Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Starts

So school has ended for the year and summer begins.  This is always bitter sweet for me because while it means a more relaxed and easy time with no worries about grades and homework, early mornings and time schedules, it does mean that I have to spend 30 days without my kids.  Well, almost without.  You see, the two youngest kids go to their dad's house beginning on the last day of school and lasting for 30 days.  He does have to go to work though, and he works for the railroad so when he gets called out he's gone for about two days.  He brings the kids back to my house on those times.  But he takes a 2 or 3 week vacation during this 30 days and at that time I don't see them at all.  I really miss them and worry about them.  You never know what can happen while their gone but that is living life with divorce.  It does suck but not so much as being married did.  I always say; "It's better to be from a broken home than to live in a broken home".  So anyways their gone now.

I plan on spending my time working with our horses who are undisciplined and need training.  Which is not easy because it's like the blind leading the blind.  I haven't had horses in so long I'm like a newby all over again.  So I am needing help with them and (thank God for kind strangers) I have met a new friend who knows a lot about horses and has been very kind and helping me with them.  I am so happy to have them though.  I love them already and we've only owned them since March.  Their names are Terra & Bonnie.  

They look better now as they were about 200 lbs underweight when we got them and they are now up to normal weight.

My 17 year old son, Travis is talking pretty seriously about joining the Marines.  I don't know how to feel about that really but it is what I think he would be good at and he seems excited about it.  We shall see.


Just got back from Austin on a trip to watch my niece graduate from high school cum ladda which means she has maintained a 90% average throughout.  She also gave the opening speech at the graduation and led the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star Spangled Banner and did an excellent job.  She's one of those kids you just have to love.

My trip went really well though as my sister went with me and we enjoyed each others company, I love to see the rolling hills up and around Austin, I got to see my other nieces and nephews and watch one of their baseball games before leaving so all in all good trip.

Oh, doing a bible study sort of.  Reading the Bible from the beginning ( this will be the fourth time) and blogging about it as I go.  The blog spot is called "Be Still and Know That I Am God".  I like it as I get to put my maps and charts and summaries of the story as I go and I feel like I learn a lot about the character of God and His people as I go.  It also increases my own feelings of faith too.

Very bad wreck in town today and my oldest son and daughter in law were right behind it when it happened and got out to render aid.  The guy, maybe in his 20's was speeding, swerved too fast and flipped his car over several times.  He was trapped beneath the car and they had to lift if off of him and he was life flighted out.  Didn't seem like he would make it but don't know.  I feel so sorry for him and his family.  Hoping for the best for him.

My friend lori has been waiting for me to come to her house and make some verde sauce out of some green tomatoes she has and I haven't been able to make it over.  Maybe tomorrow.

Closing for now, in the words of Scarlet Ohara, "tomorrow is another day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment