Pages

Labels

Friday, June 10, 2011

Bonnie's Leg Injury

When I went to feed Bonnie yesterday I noticed she was limping on her right back leg.  Carl came over and checked her hoof which didn't show any noticeable injury but we decided to soak her foot in warm Epsom salt.  I don't know if this helped or not.  He also brought over some horse aspirin for pain.  This morning when I fed her, her limp is worse and there is noticeable swelling to the lower leg between her hoof and knee joint.  Gave her some of the aspirin mixed in with her feed and ran cold water over it for the swelling.  Will see how she does.

Follow Up:
Monday 6/13/11

Bonnie's leg is healing nicely.  Her swelling is almost completely gone and she has almost no limp.  The thing that seemed to work the best was resting the limb, applying cold water (from the water hose) on it two or three times a day and I have her horse aspirin for the pain.  These are all with the help of my friend, Carl, who I am so thankful for and don't know how I'd do it without his help.  He is with the Sheriff's Office Mounted Patrol Division as is so good with horses it's impressive.  Thank God for kind people.

No comments:

Post a Comment