Pages

Labels

Friday, June 10, 2011

Evening Horseback Ride

This evening Carl (friend) and I took about a two hour horseback ride around the neighborhood.  I rode Terra, she was a little high strung at first and I was nervous but we ended up having a great ride and she did good.  I really think she loves to get out and just doesn't get to do it enough.  She is starting to mind a little better but still needs some work and she can be temperamental at times too but that is improving too.  She's starting to respond to reining better.  It is me who needs the most practice to get over being so nervous when I'm getting her ready, saddling her and all.  I'm a nervous wreck thinking I'm going to get kicked or something and I know this makes her act up more too.

Bonnie's leg is still swollen but I do believe it has gone down some.  We soaked it again in Epsom Salt, gave her some more Aspirin and then I hosed it down with cool water a couple times today.  I think it is improving, swelling seems less and limping is not so pronounced.

No comments:

Post a Comment