Pages

Labels

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

TOUCHING THE VOID




Last night my sister and I watched one of my favorite movies, Touching the Void.  I have seen this before but she had not.  It's the true story of two mountain climbers,  Joe Simpson, and Simon Yates who, in 1985, climbed the Siula Grande  mountain in Peru.  This mountain is part of the Andes mountain range , which is the world's highest mountain range outside of Asia.  The story that follows is their fight for survival after they get into trouble on the way down.  It is told by the two actual climbers and it is incredible that they do survive.  I originally learned about this climb when I saw an interview with them on TV to promote Joe Simpson's book by the same name.  It intrigued me so I went and rented the video.  I liked it so I bought it.  I love survival stories and this is definitely one I would recommend.  I give it a 9 out of 10 review.

No comments:

Post a Comment