Pages

Labels

Friday, August 12, 2011

Not Going Well With The Trainers

Things finally came to ahead today with the 'horse trainers' I hired.  When we went over to feed them this evening I noticed Bonnie's halter and lead rope in the hallway along with a whip.  When I asked if they had had her out doing something with her today I was informed (through bits and pieces of information) that they had taken Bonnie, who has problems being tied, and tied her to a telephone post today.  She panics when tied and has so far broken two lead ropes, a 4x4 post and the front of a stall wall when tied firm.  She does OK if you put her on one of these training devices called an Aussie Tie Ring and it's not so harsh.  It's much better that the old fashioned "tie em up and let em fight it out however long it takes" method.  I specifically asked them not to do this and that is exactly what they did while I was gone of course.  I was so mad, this horse is spooked of everything and I have been working with her to get her to calm down.  Anyway, I told them I was mad, they got mad back and so now I need to move both horses ASAP but they don't want to help load.  So I am looking for someone to help me go over and trailer them and bring them home.  Wasted $200.00 for 'training' and we're in the same shape we were two weeks ago. Worse actually because I've moved them and now have to make trips twice a day to feed them.  Will be glad to get them back home and hope to find a 'real' trainer.  That's what I get for trying to go the cheap route.

No comments:

Post a Comment