Pages

Labels

Monday, July 11, 2011

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
.  This book is an easy read and could be finished in one or two sittings.  I have mixed feelings after reading their story.  I liked the book but am not sure how convinced I am that the whole thing happened.  It's the story of a little boy, Colton, who is very sick and undergoes surgery.  He doesn't code or anything but he does have an 'after death' experience while under anesthesia.  I lean more towards believing that something did happen to him but think there is a lot of room for parental 'tweaking'.  (If it did happen, I owe an apology I know).  The story is told from the point of view of the father, Todd Burpo who is also a preacher.  While I love God and preachers I do think there is a tendency to 'add lib' in an effort to 'do God's work' and think it's OK so I tend to be skeptical on that end.  Not to be too harsh though, it was a good book, glad I read it, but remain not totally convinced.  I do however think that kids have more of a hot line to the other side than we do and we tend to loose it as we grow into adult hood so.......who knows?  Maybe, when Colton gets older, he may remember and tell more of the story himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment