Pages

Labels

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Daily Life-Sunday

So, Bobby and Jolleyn came to meet our horses today and they seem quite optimistic.  They want to come and load them up on Wednesday to take them to their place to begin work with them.  They also said that instead of pasturing them they would let them each have their own stall and stay in the 6 acre area for the cost of pasturing instead.  Pasturing costs $80.00/month and stalling costs $180.00/month which includes feeding once a day.  How nice of them.  Meagan's first lesson ill be this evening at their place riding one of their horses, Leroy, who is very well trained.

Another issue I have to decide is whether I am going to stay here in the house we now rent or move.  The house we rent now is $1500.00/month which includes the barn in the back but the area for the horses is really small, maybe a quarter of an acre and they have already worn it down to dirt.  There is room to move the fence line out which will give the horses about half an acre.  Still not enough but a lot more.  And I want to start a garden in back also.  If Anne, the owner, will allow me to move the fence line than it will be worth $1500.00 a month to stay.  If she will not than I need to seriously consider moving to some place cheaper and boarding the horses.  It's just too much to pay for just the house and not enough pasture area.  After seeing the types of places where I could board the horses we could pay about $400.00 a month to board and move to a place that costs about $850.00-$950.00 a month which would still be less than we pay here now.  It's time to sign a new lease agreement so I'll be talking to her soon.

Kyle and Dena went home today.  Travis and I got into a big argument over his drinking too much and not staying on top of school like he needs to.  Jacob, as usual is giving me no problems.  Bought Meagan her first cowboy boots.  Need to get ready for family reunion coming up.

I started reading The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and it is really good.  A page turner.  I'll finish it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment