Pages

Labels

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Daily Life-Saturday

   Today we settled on a trainer.  His name is Bobby Hoke and he works with his friend Jolleyne.  They both barrel race and have for years.  They are 50 & 60 years young.  Very active and friendly.  The cost for lessons is $25.00/hr and the cost to pasture them is $80.00/month.  The pasture is 8 acres with good grazing grass.   But, they have given Meagan and I a deal we couldn't pass up.  Although I told them I could only afford lessons for one horse, Meagan's, they insisted that I bring both horses for the price of one so I can ride the other (Bonnie) while Bobby is working with Meagan & Terra.  They would like for us to bring the horses to their place and board them so they will be on site to work with them and Meagan.  Our horses really need more room than they have here with us and this will be a good change for them as they can stretch their legs and run and they will have other horses to socialize with.  This will do our horses much good, the longer I have horses the more I see how very social they are.  They need other horses like people need other people.  They are coming tomorrow to look at our horses.  I am excited to get something going and these people are more like friends that want to help then trainers who want to make money.  Once again, thank God for kind people.

In other news, Shane is still here with us, took Meagan and Rae skating in Alvin.  I skated too.  Bought a couple of new books to read; The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, referred to me by Meagan's friend Rae who read it and said it was good.  Told me a little about it and it intrigued me.  Fictional story about two nine year old boys, one a German and one a Jew who meet along a fence line during the Holocaust.  The Sky Is Everywhere, referred to me by my brother who read it and was adamant that I should too about a girl who's sister dies and Blogging For Dummies which I just saw while I was there and picked it up since I'm learning about blogging now!  Got the books at Borders Book Store near Bay Brook Mall which, much to my surprise is going out of business.  Also bought Meagan her first pair of cowboy boots, Justin's from Cavenders Western Store.  That was not an easy spend as they were $155.00 but, her new trainers said she needed them and the guy at the store said that for safety they should not be rubber bottomed to prevent her foot getting hung in the stirrup which made sense to me.  She loves them though and is wearing them everywhere.  She looks like a real cowgirl.  Lets hope we can make her one too.

Dena cooked a really good beef stew for us for dinner which we all enjoyed.  Hope they decide to go with us to the reunion.  I think we could all use a change of scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment