Pages

Labels

Friday, November 8, 2013

AMERICAN HISTORY X

American History X has got to be one of the biggest sleeper movies of all times.  I first watched this movie several years ago because my brother told me it was a great movie.  How I missed it before that I'll never know and how so many other people have never heard of it or seen it is a mystery to me.  This would definitely be one of my top 10 movies to see.  No, top 5!  This movie, starring Edward Norton is intense, hard core and very deep.  It does an incredible job of depicting hate in it's various forms and how it destroys people.  It also does an incredible job of showing how a family is torn apart and changed after the death of the father.  A family that goes from being a mom, dad and kids living in a nice house living a nice, normal life to being a family that is poor, the kids spiraling out of control and barely limping along.  Edward Norton is an amazing actor here showing many faces in this movie and doing each one great.  He is a young teen, listening to his father at the dinner table, a whit supremacist filled with hate and violence, an inmate, a young man trying to get his family back together and on their feet and save his little brother and a grief stricken man.  He goes from bad guy to good guy and does both so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment